DELICIOUS. SIMPLE. CROWD PLEASER.
I made these over the weekend and I am definitely going to make them again soon, and again, and again. They are that good!
I adapted the recipe from howsweeteats (my new obsession). I used the same ingredients but changed the quantities to serve more people and I used Trader Joe’s Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce rather than making my own mustard aioli.
Here it is!!
24 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
a pinch of salt + pepper
16 slices whole grain bread
12 ounces fontina cheese, freshly grated
Trader Joe’s Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce
1. Preheat oven to broil at 500 degrees
2. Melt butter and olive oil in a sauce pan.
3. Add in mushrooms and stir to coat with butter and oil.
4. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
5. While mushrooms are cooking slice the bread and broil for 2-3 minutes (keep an eye on the bread because it will burn quickly on broil).
6. Remove bread from oven and spread generously with mustard sauce.
7. Top with mushrooms and cheese.
8. Pop back in the oven to broil for another 2-3 minutes and serve!
This could be a great appetizer or a great winter meal served with soup or salad.